This banana bread is dense and hearty, full of flavour and bursting with nutrition!
- Bananas are a source of vitamin B6 and C, potassium and manganese (for the knees).
- Brown rice flour has protein, is gluten free and lower in the glycemic index than most other flours
- For a sugar-free option substitute the sugar for Stevia
- 1 cup of mashed bananas (mash them with a fork)
- 2 organic eggs, whisk
- 1/4 cup organic melted butter or organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 5-6 drops of stevia liquid (natural sweetener with no calories).
- 1 and 1/4 cups of brown rice flour
- 3/4 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 tsp organic ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans, walnuts or pumpkin seeds
- Option: 1/3 cup of organic chocolate chips (make sure they are gluten-free chips if you want this to be truly gluten-free or raw cacao nibs)
Method: Combine banana, sugar, eggs and melted butter or coco oil in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Mix both batches of ingredients together and stir well. Grease a medium size loaf pan and pour mixture into it. Bake at 350F degrees for 35 minutes.
Cool for about 10 minutes before you remove it from the pan. It will rise about 2-2.5 inches. When you use brown rice flour it is more dense than whole wheat, so just keep this in mind if you are not used to making gluten-free baked good.